February 09, 2010

NO 2. VIENNA MAKES YOU FEEL OH SO GOOD.





Hello there mates! I hope you guys had a blast today because I did. I was working for a long time but my Uni friends came over to my workplace and cheered me up so its all good for me. Oh so anyway (put that aside) last Sunday, Bunch of my Indonesian friends and I walked around the city. Of course twas extremely cold (something like -14?) yet it was an awesome walk I must say!:) So yea, look at the horses! I don't really know what its called in English but in Indonesian its Delman (If I'm not mistaken). It's very vintage and mostly tourists ride them to look around the city. We went to Rathaus which is the city hall and for your information, during winter time the city hall becomes an ice skating place. Alot of people were ice skating and I wanted to do it but the weather did not support my will. There there, the Strassenbahn, which is the tram. There are old and new trams and the pic above is one of the old trams. I love the old tram because it's just unique and warmer.


This is one of the must see place in Vienna and it is called the Hofburg palace. This palace has housed some of the most powerful people in Austrian history, including the Habsburg dynasty, rulers of the Austro-Hungarian empire. A lot of famous architects worked on building this palace such as; Italian architect-engineer Filiberto Luchese (the Leopoldischiner Trakt), Lodovico Burnacini and Martino and Domenico Carlone, the Baroque architects Lukas von Hildebrandt and Joseph Emanuel Fischer von Erlach (the Reichschancelry Wing and the Winter Riding School), Johann Fischer von Erlach (the library). This palace was built from the 13th to the 20th century so this is the most famous historical place in Vienna that you have to visit. Beautiful statues of famous people back then are also built within the palace and the furnitures are stil the old era style furnitures and look at the style of the lamp, doesn't it make you feel like you are in the 13th century? gorgeous eh?



This here my friends, is my number one..no wait, NUMBER ONE favorite cafe in Vienna and it is called MOCCA LOUNGE. Ah, the wooden chairs, square tables, the cozy lamp, wooden floor, chill out songs, the ethnic colored sofa pillows...excellent. This is an ethnic style cafe, mixture of Asian and African taste. They do not serve you food or cakes, but they serve you good teas, coffees and of course, alcohol. Once you're in this place, you will definitely, like I am SO SURE that you would never want to leave this place. This cafe is very addictive and I truly am impressed by this cafe. Look at the interior design of this cafe, the colors truly match the place and the small antique lams hanging on the walls give you this warm and cuddled up kind of feeling. Perfect place for relaxation.

Ok thats it for today mates and I hope this can make you want to visit the V-town. You dig?:)

Hugs,
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment