February 02, 2010

JAKARTA, A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP

Ok, i've been going through every corner of my brain and turning it upside down inside out, to come up with at least an interesting way of describing Jakarta. To be honest, i always ended up with realizing that Jakarta isn't really that interesting of a city (wait don't leave just yet, i promise i'll have a point by the end of this post). But that's what you get from trying to describe something by not really experiencing it, you will get what your mind wants you to think. I've been turning my head every ways possible from my bedroom and google. I took the wrong approach.
I asked my boyfriend to take me around the city, so that i can take some picture of Jakarta and if i can't write anything about it, i can just post pictures. Amazingly on that brief and impromptu trip, i found some interesting things to write about Jakarta. We (my boyfriend and I) even ended up sharing our thoughts on how the city shaped us to who we are now.


HATE
- Traffics
- Bad public transportation
- Floods on rainy season
- Beggars
- A small number of park
- No sidewalk


LOVE
+ The toll highway
+ City lights
+ Various language, customs and foods
+ The old buildings
+ The new buildings
+ 24hour convenient store
+ I can find almost everything here
+ Nightdrives
+ Occasionally good weather,
that makes us appreciate a good weather even more

Those pointers was just a little bit of what you're going to get out of this blog and this city. You will see more of my love hate relationship with this city in my upcoming post. This is how i see my city and i'm not gonna lie about it.

Hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment